This week, The Banks will transform into the 2022 Kroger Wellness Festival: two full days of health-centered workshops, exercise classes and celebrity cameos at helping Cincinnatians live healthier lives. Hosted by Kroger, this year’s edition focuses on holistic care and features experts in nutrition, fitness, health and beauty. It runs Friday, Sept. 23, and Saturday, Sept. 24.
The Kroger Wellness Festival is your chance to hear from professional athletes, pick up health tips, work out with Carrie Underwood and score some freebies. Here’s everything you need to know.
2022 Kroger Wellness Festival:Chrissy Teigen, Abby Wambach, other more added to lineup
Health:1 in 3 local kids may be struggling with mental health. Is your kid one of them?
When is the Kroger Wellness Festival?
The festival runs Sept. 23-24 from 11 am to 7 pm
Where is it being held?
The festival will stretch along The Banks, Downtown.
Is the Kroger Wellness Festival free to attend?
Yes, the festival is free to attend. There are no tickets to reserve or purchase.
Who will be featured?
The festival promises a celebrity lineup, including country singer Carrie Underwood, Chrissy Teigen and her mother, Pepper Teigen, Abby Wambach, Bethenny Frankel and more.
Underwood will lead a full-body cardio workout with her trainer on Saturday at the BodyArmor Stage. Teigen, a model, entrepreneur and cookbook author, will host a 30-minute cooking segment and “fireside chat” with her mother, a cookbook author and Food Network personality, on Friday.
Attendees will also get the chance to meet Wambach, a two-time Olympic gold medalist and FIFA World Cup champion, after her moderated conversation and question-and-answer segment on Friday. Later that day, Frankel, a business woman and “The Real Housewives of New York City” reality TV star, will lead a wellness session at the BodyArmor Stage.
Both days will end with a free concert. Eli Young Band will play Sept. 23, and Fitz and the Tantrums will play Sept. 24.
Other special guests include Olympic gold medalist Dominique Dawes, Bravo “Top Chef” celebrity and restaurateur chef Brian Malarkey and bodybuilder and trainer Allison Warrell.
Celebrities in Cincinnati:Jack Harlow dines at Jeff Ruby’s
Kroger or Kroger’s?Joe Burrow’s new commercial reignites debate
Kroger Wellness Festival event schedule
Both days of the festival are jam-packed with wellness events across four stages. See the main event schedule, organized by stage, below.
Friday, Sept. 23:
- 1-1:30 pm: “Mind Over Matter Live!” with Love Squad founder and Peloton instructor Ally Love.
- 2-2:45 pm: “Becoming a Food Entrepreneur” with TV personality Kyle Cooke and more.
- 3:15-3:45 pm: Bethenny Frankel leads a wellness session.
- 5-5:45 pm: “Renewal Though Nature.” Discover the power of nature and natural foods.
- 6:15-7 pm: Societal pressures, career, marriage and motherhood are the focus of “EmpowHERment.”
Johnson & Johnson Stage
- 11-11:30 am: Abby Wambach will be featured in a moderated discussion and question-and-answer segment, followed by a meet and greet.
- Noon-12:30 pm: Water sommelier Martin Riese examines the fundamentals of water with a tasting experience.
- 1-1:45 pm: EC Synkowski examines the relationship between food, diet, culture and intuitive eating.
- 2:30-3 pm: Chrissy Teigen and her mother, Pepper Teigen, discuss embracing cultural traditions.
- 3:30-4 pm: Cincinnati Fear athletes talk about the esports industry and physical and mental health.
- 4-4:30 pm Cincinnati Bearcats pep rally with coaches, players, band, cheerleaders and dance team.
- 5-6:30 pm: Eli Young Band performs, introduced by Rodney McMullen.
American Greetings Stage
- 11:15-11:45 am: Leaders prioritizing wellness in the workplace workshop, featuring Britney Ruby Miller and Paaras Parker.
- Noon-12:45 pm: Discussing the future of health care with region leaders.
- 1-2 pm: Discussions on Hispanic food, culture and movement for Hispanic Heritage Month.
- 2:30-3 pm: Meet with experts in transformative cancer care.
- 4:15-5 pm: “Sober Curious” author Ruby Warrington talks about the sober curious movement.
- 5:15-5:45 pm: Learn holistic approaches to accelerating your skin’s metabolism with Morgan Angelique Owens and Krissy Rubio.
- 6:15-6:45 pm: “Curvy cardio” class with Morgan Angelique Owens.
Laura’s Lean Stage
- 12:15-12:45 pm: Kroger and PepsiCo compete to make the best meal with “ugly” ingredients.
- 1:15-1:45 pm: Chrissy Teigen hosts cooking segment.
- 2-2:30 pm: Brian Malarkey from “Top Chef” shares his top kitchen hacks.
- 3-3:30 pm: Find out how food intertwines the cultures of people in the African diaspora, and learn about the African culinary influences on American history.
- 4-4:30 pm: Pepper Teigen creates twists on classic Thai dishes.
- 5-5:30 pm: Cooking with Marty and Amanda Brennaman.
Saturday, Sept. 24:
- 11 am-Noon: Workout led by Alanna Martella and Allison Warrell.
- 12:30-1 pm: Olympic gold medalists Mary Wineberg and Tony the Tiger will celebrate the winners of Mission Tiger, a program at helping fund school sports teams.
- 1-1:30 pm Fireside chat about prescription drug misuse.
- 2:30-3 pm: Carrie Underwood and her trainer lead full-body cardio workout.
- 5-5:30 pm: Fitz and the Tantrums perform.
- 6-6:45 pm: Learn the basics of training for a marathon.
Johnson & Johnson Stage
- 11-11:30 am: FC Cincinnati and Cincinnati Sirens host soccer clinic for ages 5 and up.
- Noon-12:45 pm: Dance cardio fitness class.
- 1:15-1:45 pm: Learn about AgNoireDay and increasing the number of Black growers and other business owners who can be part of Ohio’s produce supply chain.
- 3-3:30 pm: Dominique Dawes leads family-friendly gymnastics activity.
- 4-5 pm: Silent disco.
- 5:15-5:45 pm: Self-confidence building for teens and tweens.
American Greetings Stage
- 12:30-1 pm: Social media mental health tips with Dylan Barbour from “The Bachelor” and TikToker Megan Mitchell.
- 1:15-2 pm: “Power Aging” workshop.
- 2:15-3 pm: Experts discuss inclusive self-care and beauty industry trends.
- 3:30-4 pm: Panelists discuss self-love and empowerment.
- 4-4:30 pm: Learn about goal-setting, consistency and accountability in “Peak Performance Coaching.”
- 5:30-6 pm: Hear from disability advocates in “Able + Ready: Redefining Disabilities.”
Laura’s Lean Stage
- Noon-12:30 pm: Learn about whole family wellness with Kroger Health and Lemons + Zest.
- 1:15-1:45 pm: Join TikToker Megan Mitchell for “Power in Pride.”
- 2:15-2:45 pm: Explore easy-to-prepare meals with Chef Vanessa Miller and iHeart Radio’s JonJon.
- 3:15-4 pm: Cincinnati Bengals legend Anthony Munoz, former professional baseball player Steve Garvey and Olympic gold medalist Mary Wineberg are featured in “Top of their Game.”
- 4:30-5 pm: Matt James from “The Bachelor” makes his signature smoothie.
- 5:15-5:45 pm: Coffee and protein recipes to fuel your morning.
- 6:15-7 pm: “Food as Medicine” discussion.